Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Number Game

Jacob's newest "trick" is to add three single digit numbers in his head. Last night at dinner, Greg and I took turns quizzing him with different addition problems, and he got them all right! We were very impressed. When he's adding, you can hear him hum the numbers as he counts. He told Greg that he did it all in his head, and Greg said, "I know, I heard you." Jake answered, "Yes, but you can't see the colors of the numbers I make inside my head." Greg said, "No, I guess not." Jake replied, "They are outlined in yellow with blue insides." I guess that's the key to the trick!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob can also count well over 100 accurately now. He demonstrated this ability over and over during the course of the weekend, and through a trip to Target. It's amazing what you can learn to tune out! :)

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.