First of all, I added some links and such to the side of the blog. I love the video of "The Mom Song" from You Tube. It's sung to the tune of William Tell, and I just think it's hilarious. However, I can't hear it on my computer. Would you all kindly let me know if the link allows sound for other people? If not, go to You Tube and check it out. It will make you laugh, especially if you have your own children.
Then there's a link to a friend's blog (Becky, you write so well, and those little guys of yours are so cute, I had to share. Let me know if you would prefer that I remove the link).
There's also a link to funny pictures of cats - I can't help it. I've always been a cat lover, and some of those are just too funny. Apparently the link gets updated daily, though, because I didn't put that video of a hedgehog on here yesterday. So, keep in mind that I didn't chose all of the stuff that's there.
Lastly, there's freerice.com. It's a website that donates rice to the hungry. It's a game you play - Norma and I have talked about it before on here. It's an addicting and fun game, and you can do some good while you're at it. Check it out, if you have a chance.
Now, the personal updates -
We are all doing relatively well. Andrew has some kind of mystery illness right now. He vomited once between Sunday night and Monday morning, but no further vomiting. I found it dried in his crib (poor guy slept in it all night - bad mommy didn't hear him). He's had some diarrhea, but otherwise no significant symptoms, except that he won't eat. He takes a few sips of a bottle, a few bites of finger food and then he refuses all else for hours. His mood is good, and he doesn't appear sick otherwise. I'm worried about the lack of appetite, but I don't know what to do about it. I'm going to give him today to recover still, and if he's not better, I'll take him to the doctor tomorrow. I imagine that they aren't going to have much to say, especially since there's nothing concrete to treat, and his affect is good.
Now, as for me. I thought that the headache medicine was working well, but now I'm not so sure. I didn't have a headache for almost two whole weeks and was almost on cloud 9! But the medicine is very sedating, even 12-15 hours after I've taken it. I tried to cut back to half a dose, but the headache immediately returned. I only took half a dose for two days, and then resumed the recommended dosage, but for four days now, the headache has remained. This makes me wonder if the meds were ever really working in the first place. I'm giving it another week - then the prescription will be up, and I'll call the doctor. I'm not quite as desperate as I was this time last month, but I'm that sense of despair is slowly creeping back up on me.
I've been at my new job for a week now. So far, so good. I am definitely going to like working part-time. There is a lot of paperwork, rules and regulations to learn, but I am eager to get started and out of the training phase. I think once I can get my feet wet, I'll feel more comfortable with my role and responsibilities.
That's everything for now - in a nutshell. More later, as the inspiration hits me!
No comments:
Post a Comment