Thursday, July 16, 2009

Passing The Time


We have a slight ant problem in our kitchen right now. It's driving me crazy, but it has proven to be great entertainment for my dear Andrew. Here's a video of him trying to catch an ant last night. Eventually, he caught it, mangled it, and gave it to me! Yummy! At least he didn't try to eat it, which is what usually happens!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the way to Pittsburgh last weekend, I told Jacob a story about how I used to travel to Pittsburgh to visit my aunts. My grandparents had a big van for a little while, and the back of it could be converted into a bed. Because of the lax seat belt laws at the time, my cousins and I would literally bounce around the back of the van the whole way over and home, pretending to be on roller coasters, making faces at the cars behind us, and just playing around. I told Jacob that back then, people didn't realize how important it was to wear seat belts, but that now that we know how important seat belts are, kids can't do those things. He shook his head and said, "Well, I know someone else who doesn't think that seat belts are important. Greg. I have to tell him every time we get in the car to put his seat belt on."

"Is that so?" I said. "I'll have to talk to him about that!"

Greg, you are so busted!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little while ago, Greg explained the meaning of "calling dibs and shotgun" to Jacob. He seemed like he understood it, but he never actually used the terms until last night. When I was getting the boys ready for a bath, Jacob said, "Andrew, I have jips on the front of the tub!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob thinks that people probably buy motorcycles, despite their danger, because they are cheaper than cars. They are cheaper than cars, according to Jake, because they only have two wheels, where as cars have 4.

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.