If you're anywhere around our neck of the woods, you know that it suddenly got very hot with no warning. On Wednesday, when I picked Jacob up from school, I asked him where his water guns were. He didn't know. Of course not, it's been a year since he used them! Then, almost without me even realizing what I was saying, I said, "well, let's go to Toys R Us and buy some. You can play outside tonight." So, instead of our usual routine, we spent the evening playing outside with water toys. We even ate dinner on the porch because we were too we to go inside and the boys weren't done playing! On Friday, my niece spent the afternoon with us, and we purchased a few more water guns to even out the rivalry. Even though it rained a little on Friday, the kids were still able to play outside and enjoy the weather. It was a fantastic appetizer for summer, and we are looking forward to our upcoming summer vacation (I have time off work and the boys don't have school). It will be so nice to sleep in (well, to 7 maybe!) and spend our days hanging out with friends and family in (hopefully) good weather. Summer is always busy for us, so I can't say that we will have any "lazy" days, but for now, that's OK. Bring on the fun!
Jake and the neighbor boys start the water mayhem!
"Mom! Jacob putzted!"
"Jacob! I can't believe you did that! That's disgusting!"

"Wow! A water table!"

Naked cooking isn't usually advisable, but in this case, I think it was OK.
"Now, you thprinkle a little thinnamon over the top and viola! Delishish cookies!"

And Jake's concoction is...

Look out, dry people everywhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment