
I realized yesterday that I haven't posted an entry in over a week! What have I been up to that has kept me from my precious blogging? Well, lots of stuff, and then again, nothing much at all. I finished working for the summer (well, for the next 6 weeks anyway). Last Friday was my last day, so I have been relaxing on my lazy butt since then...Haha! If only!
We celebrated the retirement of the band's number one fan, Lugene. It was a lovely surprise party given by her husband. Our dear leader, Freddie, bought a guitar which all of the band members signed, and we presented it to her at the party. She was thrilled!
During her party, Greg also tried out his DJing skills for the first time. Our bass player was unable to commit to playing, so the band wasn't able to be there for Lugene. Feeling disappointed in ourselves for letting our number one fan down, Greg put together his own song list and played for the party. He was a hit! Perhaps this is yet another business for him to get into! (Please, no! This man has enough to do!)
In addition to the retirement party, Jacob finished first grade last week. He'll have a summer of fun and then off to second grade in the fall. Where has the time gone? Second grade! It seems like yesterday he was just starting Harbor House Preschool.
Speaking of Harbor House, Andrew had his first day at Harbor House on Monday. He did great! Of course, it is a transition for him, because he doesn't know the staff yet, but that will all come with time. They said he played well with others, participated in the activities and did well eating lunch with the kids. This made me feel great, because they did me a favor and took him under their wings several months earlier than they usually take kids. We are SO happy to be back in the comfort of Harbor House, and feel over-joyed in knowing that Andrew is securely planted where he will surely blossom over the next four years. Hooray for Harbor House!
In other news...Jacob will be moving to the attic bedroom soon, as Andrew will need to sleep in Jacob's current room when he outgrows his crib. I've been painting, moving furniture and shopping for all the necessary renovations. I hope to finish it this week and surprise Jacob with a completed room shortly. Jacob is also getting ready to go to the beach with my parents on Thursday. The lucky bum gets two vacations this summer! My dad continues to recover from his surgery, and with the exception of a few minor complications, he seems to be doing fairly well at this point. Greg's daughter, SaraBeth graduated from high school last week as well. Greg has planned a party for her this Saturday at our house. On Sunday, my sister-in-law, Dalann is hosting a father's day bash. Today, my other sister-in-law and I are taking the kids bowling. First time for Andrew...keeping my fingers crossed that no one breaks a toe!
That's the scoop for now. More to follow...when I have the chance to sit and type!
Presenting Lugene with her guitar.
DJ Jazzy Greg and his ensemble!
Andrew decided to try out some mascara. Doesn't he look pretty?
No comments:
Post a Comment