We've been on the go, and I've had my camera with me to chronicle almost every moment! Last Thursday we met one of my friends at the Bellwood pool for a swimming play date:
Andrew and Jacob sporting their goggles. They both look like white, toddler Stevie Wonders!
Guarding the pool with the utmost authority.
Jacob, eating a ring pop and drying off.
A smiling dino
"Ah...this is the good life!"
"Cheeth!"
On Saturday Jacob went to Pittsburgh with my parents and Greg and I took Andrew to Glendale for the day.
On top of the water tower.
Glendale from the tower.
Andrew didn't realize at first that the bread was for the fish.
"Blech! Fish eat this stuff?"
"Well, yes, son. Actually, they do!"
We stopped for a moment so he could play on the playground.
Then headed to the swimming area for a while.
Timid at first,
but that didn't last for long.
He spent about an hour digging through the sand looking for little shells.
Then he moved on to playing in the sand for a while.
The sand was yucky, so it was more like a dirt castle than a sand castle.
No matter where we go, we seem to pick up other kids. These boys helped turn his castle into a mudslide!
When we left home Saturday morning I was rushing around. In the rush, I didn't realize that I left the house wearing only my bathing suit top, and no shirt, until we were already well on the way to Glendale. Instead of turning around, we just decided to eat somewhere where it was appropriate not to wear a shirt. If you're wondering where such a place would be, well, here it is:
Actually, our food was pretty good, but they had the slowest business ever! I guess that's part of living "up the mountain" (as we "valley folk" say) and lake life. Easy-breezy, no rush. That's all well and good, except when you're starving!
Ah, food at last!
On Saturday evening we went to my brother and sister-in-law's in Gallitzin for an early Father's Day picnic.
Greg thinks he's going to get me to ride a bike, but Dalann's garage is the closest I'll go to the actual road
Jake's hamster was seriously neglected on Saturday, so I threw him a blueberry when we got home. I think he liked it!
Sunday was Father's Day, and anyone who knows Greg will not be surprised to hear that he wanted to spend it on the boat. We took my niece Karissa with us, and spent the entire day at Raystown.
Karissa even got to drive for a little while!
Greg and Andrew caught us dinner! Remember on the last post when I said we had to throw some back so they could grow bigger? Well, I was right! He caught some of the biggest pan fish I ever saw!
Andrew, Karissa and me taking a dip.
Poor Sammy was left at home alone all weekend. He jumped in the car seat thinking maybe we would take the hint and cart him along with us next time! I'm not so sure how a cat would do on a boat...maybe...just maybe...
Greg got a Steelers grill cover, Steelers grilling set and a Steelers branding iron for signature steaks!
And that was the weekend in review. Don't worry, we haven't slowed down at all. Stay tuned for details of Monday and Tuesday! Whew! I'm almost (almost) looking forward to going in to work on Wednesday, just for a slower pace!















No comments:
Post a Comment