I don't remember when I last shared the cute and funny things the kids say on the blog. If I don't remember when it was, then it has obviously been too long! Here are some of the conversations I remember from the last few months:
Andrew can be really stingy with hugs and kisses. He'll be very affectionate one minute and then turn around and tell you, "I'm all out of hugs" a moment later. A few months ago, we met one of my friends and her son for ice cream. When we were leaving, she asked Andrew for a high five, but he refused. I tried to encourage Andrew to give her the high five, but he just wouldn't do it. Finally, Jake looked at me and said, "Hey, if he won't even kiss his own grandmother, then he's not going to give a stranger a high five!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacob was exploring the applications on my iPhone one day when he found the stocks app. He was really excited when he said, "Oh mom! It's shocks!" He thought the wiggly line showing surges and declines was actually an earthquake meter on my phone!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew: "If I eat lots and lots and lots of chocolate, I'll get really super big. Bigger than you, bigger than Dad. Big like God!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew confuses the phrase "good luck" with "it's a good thing." He constantly says "good luck" in situations where it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. For example: "Good luck no water got in my window." "Good luck we are going on vacation." "Good luck Sam likes his toys."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew speak:
Jetson ski = jet ski
Ear bombs = headphones
GNG = TNT (As in the AC/DC song)
Sweet Emotion = blue ocean (Aerosmith)
Vigiger = vinegar
Slipperly = slippery
Hot-n-candy = cotton candy
He says "come" in front of a lot of words for some reason: comeginning (beginning), comesheen (machine).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I took Andrew to Kohl's with me one day. He looked around at all the mannequins and said, "Mom! Look at all the people without heads!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I was weeding our front yard one day, Andrew said, "Do all bushes have horns?" (It was a rose bush). I told him only some have thorns. He then said to himself, "Horns and jackers. Horns and jackers." Then he began singing, "I've got the moves like jacker. I've got the moves like jacker. I've got the mooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-oves like jacker!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whenever Andrew sees a police car, he says, "Uh-oh. It looks like there's trouble here."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whenever the boys have a minor injury, I always tell them that they'll live to be married. One day, Andrew was being particularly rough with Lily, Jacob's hamster. I told him that he had to be very gentle with her because she could be hurt easily since she is so small. He looked at me and said, "Oh, well, she'll live to be married."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One morning my 5 year old niece came to my house early to spend the day with us. She and Andrew ate cereal bars and drank milk for breakfast, and I made myself a veggie omelet. She asked me why I was eating eggs, and I told her that I ate them because they are healthy. She asked a lot of questions about my meal, so I told her if she liked eggs, I would make her some. "No," she said. "I only like eggs in cake."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a recent drive home from Pittsburgh, Andrew told me he was starving. To hold him over until we got home, I stopped at Sheetz. As soon as I pulled in the parking lot he said, "Oh, yeah! This is a great store for eating!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew to Jacob: "Jake, do you know who won the spearmint bass pool?"
Jake: "What? That doesn't make sense."
Andrew: "Yes it does! Do you know who won the spearmint bass pool?"
Jake: "Andrew, spearmint is a flavor."
Me: "I think he's asking if you know who won the bass tournament last weekend."
Andrew: "Yeah! It was dad!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew is obsessed with my iPhone, and likewise my mom's iPad. One day when we left my mom's after he had been playing with her iPad, he said, "Mom, maybe I should get an iPad for Christmas." I said, "Yeah....maybe you should ask Santa for that." He got a little upset and said, "But I don't know how to spell iPad! How am I going to write that on my list!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While we were driving one, "Wild Nights" by John Mellencamp came on the radio. After Andrew heard the line, "Walking out on the street," he said, "Walking out on the street? That's where cars drive! They might hit you because you're little and they can't see you! That's dangerous!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all I have for now, but stay tuned...there will be more to come, I promise!
2 comments:
you put me to shame, I do repeat the things they say, but remembering them?! for a little while o used to write them down, then I get away from it...miss you, we didn't make it to lunch this summer yet!!!Imola
Imola, my memory is terrible, so I keep a running log of them in my phone. When I have a bunch, I write them all down. I'm back to work now, but I could be persuaded to find a time to meet you for lunch! Start up can be a little hectic, let's look at the beginning of September - like the second week? Text me! Miss you!
Post a Comment