Monday, October 29, 2012

Reunion Sunday

I had a busy weekend!  On Saturday, I impressed myself with all of the "chores" I completed before noon.  I was a woman on a mission!  The reason for the hustle was because I had two trips to Pittsburgh scheduled. Yes, two trips in one weekend.  On Saturday, my mom, my aunt and I went to see the Long Island Medium at Heinz Hall.  It was a great show.  I enjoyed it very much.  I know with all of my recent posts on mediums, you are probably expecting a practical dissertation about my experience on Saturday.  Well, I have a lot of thoughts on the medium, but I'm not sure if I'm going to post them.  I'm still mulling it over.  Oh, let's face it.  I'll write about it.  Nothing stays inside my head for any length of time before spilling out one way or another!  Maybe I'll write about those things tomorrow, but for a Monday morning, let's keep the reading light and easy.  

While I had a great time going to the show on Saturday, the part of the weekend I was most looking forward to was Sunday.  One of my dear friends from Pittsburgh is retiring, and another one of our friends hosted a get-together in honor of the retiree.   I said in my last post, that I keep in fairly good touch with Marsha, Donna and Norma, but my contact with the other ladies is sporadic.  Despite the spotty contact, these are women whom I will always hold very dear.  I worked at AT&T for about 9 months after I graduated from college, but I don't consider that a real job.  Allegheny East was my first true "grown up" job.  It's where my roots began to grow.  I've been transplanted several times since then, and only recently found myself back in what I would consider to be permanent ground.  I couldn't have asked for a more supportive, loving, kind, generous and fun-loving group of women to be both my friends and my mentors.  I look up to these women.  I value their wisdom, and most of all, I thank God for blessing me with their friendship.  

I was only in Pittsburgh for a little over 5 hours on Sunday.  No matter how much time I spend with them, I always leave feeling as if I didn't get enough.  I knew before I went over that I wouldn't want to leave, but unfortunately, life has a way of pulling us back to reality.  I left feeling sad that I had to say good-bye again, but also feeling very warm and blessed.   It's an understatement to say that I am amazed at the blessings in my life.  Really, I'm amazed.   It's easy to worry about things that could go wrong in the future, to become stressed by daily hassles, and to replay things that have gone wrong in the past.  I do all three.  It is, however, just as easy to focus on the fantastic foundations that have been set in our lives to prepare us to receive future blessings.  I've been blessed with abundant goodness in my life.  Without hesitation, I can say that I count the women I worked with at Allegheny East high on that list of goodness.  I am thankful our paths crossed twelve years ago, and I appreciate their continued influence in my life.  

Thank you, AE Girls, for just being yourselves!  As always, it was a delight to spend the afternoon with you, and I hope that we can do it again soon!  I love you all! 

Donna kick starts her L.L.Bean modeling career with a cozy pose by the wood stove with Jesse.

The whole gang - Pam, Roz, Eleanor, Marsha, Norma, Michele and Donna.  Aren't they a beautiful crew? 

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.