Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jacob

It's been a while since we've heard from the inner workings of Jacob's little brain, so I thought I'd share some recent observations:

Last night he asked me what we were having for dinner. I told him that Greg and I were eating pierogies and corn, but that I had made chicken nuggets for him, because I didn't think he'd like pierogies. He asked what pierogies were. He then told me that they ate "HA-rogies" at school. They were giant noodles with mashed potatoes inside. I said, yes, that's what we were eating. PA-rogies. He agreed that we were eating food of the same ingredients, but still insisted that the items that they had at Harbor House were called Harogies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were watching TV together one day and a commercial for some movie was on. He asked me if I knew what kind of dinosaur was on the commercial, and I said, "I think it's tyrannosaurus rex."
"Well, actually, that's a T-rex."
"T-rex is the same as a tyrannosaurus rex, isn't it?"
"Yes, but T-rex is short for tyrannosaurs rex, and that one had shorter legs, so I think it was a T-rex."
He didn't understand that "short for" means verbal abbreviation, not a smaller biological version of the creature!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob and I watched American Idol together last night, and at one point, he said, "Mom, he's performing with some band called 'KISS' now, and boy are they weird!"
Boy did I feel old!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And lastly, to end on a sweet note, this morning of his kindergarten graduation:
Two nights ago, Andrew, Jacob and I were all sitting together on the living room floor. Jacob grabbed a blanket and put it over the three of us. Andrew loves blankets, and said, "aw," and cuddled it, and Jacob and I smiled at each other and at the baby. Jacob said, "It's nice to share a blanket together."
I said, "Yes, it really is nice."
Jacob said, "That's one thing, Mom. Friends and brothers. They're always good for sharing."

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.