Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just Another Day

I've been feeling a bit at a loss for blog material lately. There's nothing of major importance pressing me to write, and nothing much going on besides the usual routines. It seems to me that our usual routine is one that is in constant motion, but that doesn't necessarily mean that other people would find it interesting...and, as my sister-in-law recently pointed out, I tend to write a lot of meaningless jabber on my blog. She preferred that I be more concise in my writing. Well, Monique, that's not going to happen. It's just not my style. I talk a lot and I type a lot. Just think of me as the John Steinbeck of blogging! Hahaha! And don't read the blog unless you have time to devote to it! :)

Anyway, here are a few cell phone shots of our recent borough excursions. End of explanation!

Andrew on the slide at the local elementary school playground.

One day, Andrew and I took a walk. He found this pay phone, which I swear is the only working pay phone in Blair County! I had my cell phone with me, so I called it. "Hello," he said when it rang. "Hello! Is this Andrew?" I said. His eyes lit up, he looked at me and said, "Mom! It's Mimi!" He talked to me for 5 or 6 minutes thinking it was my mom on the other end, even though I was literally standing right beside him. He told me all about his dinner with Pap and painting at school!

After the phone conversation, he stopped on the stairs of the Junior High to play a while and pose for some photos. Here he is saying, "Cheeth!"

Yesterday we went to another local park, which has a little amphitheater next to it. The boys had a great time running around the stage, singing and doing boyish acrobatics.

That is, until Jacob had to pee. Of course, the bathrooms were closed, so he had to use the tree, which was by no means secluded from the rest of the park! Andrew watched intently...

Then decided that he too, would like a chance to pee on a tree. Thank God it wasn't crowded!

After the park, we went to Wendy's for dinner and the Meadow's Frozen Custard for dessert. The Meadows is just one of our small town treasures. Cookie dough was the flavor of the day yesterday. Andrew marched around the parlor chanting, "Cookie dough, cookie dough, cookie dough" while he waited for his treat.

Shortly after we sat down, however, a stench became heavy in the air around us. Jacob held his hand to his nose and said, "Something stinks!" Andrew did the same...but, of course, it was Andrew who produced the offending odor. I took Andrew to the bathroom and changed a colossal diaper, no sooner returned to the table and Jacob informed me that he too had to use the restroom! Thank goodness that we were the only ones at the Meadow's for the 20 minute time frame when both of my boys decided to let loose! We quickly finished our ice cream and headed home. That was enough excitement for one day!

1 comment:

Katie Houle said...

Hi Koelle,
You definitely do not write meaningless jabber on your blog. It's often insightful, interesting and entertaining! Cute pics of the boys. Ah, peeing on a tree must be facinating! Boys will be boys!


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.