There are some pictures on here that are not on Facebook, because I had strict orders from family not to post photos of them on Facebook. Nobody said a word about the blog, though, so it's fair game as far as I'm concerned. My sister posted pictures of my mother despite those same strict orders. If she can break the rules, so can I. Of course, she's the favored daughter, so she won't get yelled at, but I probably will. (Whine, whine, whine) Oh well. Here goes :
(oh, and I have included a link to a music video with a great majority of the pictures, because I'm goofy like that! Just click the colored words)
Andrew checks out the boardwalk. He didn't go under it on a blanket with his baby, but I sure bet he wished his feet were fireproof! (click here for the music video) I'm not off to a great start, am I? Again, don't answer that.
"Mom, I think this is that Freebird I keep hearing about!"
Father and Son - one of my favorite songs, for two of my favorite people!
So glad he is a child of mine.
Andrew's castle on the cloud, err...I mean sand.
Bitter-sand face
(OK, it's not a song, but click here anyway to see the video of the old Keystone Light bitter-beer face commercial. I bet you laugh just as much as you did in 1995!)
"Hey, Dad! I think I see a sharp nosed shark! We could eat it!"
Off he goes, into the wild blue chlorine!
My little high-flying bird
One of the minions from Despicable Me invaded our pool while we were on vacation. He was cute, so we kept him.
Terry's token appearance at the pool.
(A reference only a select generation will get.)
"Jacob, my brother. You are older than me..."
A little DMB to take me back to my just-graduated-from-college-days (Even though the peak of my DMB fandom was during my college years, this song wasn't released until after I was out of school.)
My aunts Betsy and Annie, and my adorable little sister.
Uncle Larry and Aunt Kathy
(I suppose we could insert Kathy's Song here, although there certainly wasn't any rain!)
Jacob's gone surfin'
Dad's little fisherguys
Nightswimming (Wow. That one was little too easy)
Jacob wears his sungoggles at night so he can see what everyone is up to under the water!
Andrew certainly knows how to strike a pose.
"Be safe, Jacob! And know that however far you go, I will wait for you!"
Andrew's theme song during vacation week was Jump!
Star struck
(Sorry, with all the other music references, I couldn't resist.)
I don't have to want crazy, I have it right here. I'm crazy in love with this wonderful man!
Jake won the last game of Tonk. My oldest apparently knows when to hold 'em!
Megan and Ella
Waiting for donuts on the bay.
Even though we are minus quite a few, we are still family!
Aunt Kathy tries to figure out the iPhone keypad. Sorry, can't think of a song to go with this picture, but it was too funny not to post! She types like she's using a typewriter!
So that's that. We had nice weather and a great time together. Now it's back to the drawing board - back to work for me and back to Harbor House every day for Andrew. Jake's reprieve will go another month before he has to hit the books. In the meantime, we are trying not to let that unavoidable work thing get in the way of our fun too much. We have plans for the pool tomorrow and plans for boating this weekend. There's still plenty of time to soak up the sun and enjoy each day. Even in this incredibly stifling heat wave, I'm happy. I'll take the melting asphalt over snow any day! We have A/C, a fridge full of beer, and a hose in the back yard. Hell, that's two more things than I had growing up, and I was just as happy with summer then! Now, if you'll excuse me, there are two boys waiting for me to turn on the sprinkler.











No comments:
Post a Comment