Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jacobisms

Now that we have had two full days of a healthy Andrew (still on medication, however), I feel like I can be a little more light-hearted in my blogging. Over the past few days Jake has said some funny things that I remembered to write down. I've noticed that the number of entries about his antics have decreased lately. It's not because he stopped being funny, but more that I've forgotten the things by the time I go to blog. No one wants to read my yammering all the time, so here are some little stories about (or by) Jacob:

The other day, he was running laps around the kitchen, dining room and living room. I asked him what he was doing, and he said, "Oh, just running around getting a little hair on my chest."

"Running around and getting a little hair on your chest?" I said.

"Yeah, Mom. It's just a language of speech, you know."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That same night, Greg had been complaining of dry skin. He said he was unable to reach his back to put lotion on it. I offered to do it for him, but he declined. Then a few hours later, he was complaining again about the itching, and began rubbing his back against the doorway in the kitchen. I said, "Well, Jacob" (because Jake always starts whining and complaining instead of asking for help) "why don't you get the lotion and I'll put it on your back?"

Jake heard me call Greg Jacob and asked me why I said that. I told him that instead of asking for help, he was complaining and rubbing his back against the wall, like Jacob does sometimes. Jacob said, "Yeah. A better way would be to rub your back against a tree. That's a better scratcher."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have had a recent infestation of moths, or "mofs" as Jacob refers to them. He decided to make a "mof catcher" out of paper with 5 pieces of double sided masking tape to trap the moths. I humored him and hung it on the wall, then Greg caught two moths and placed them on the tape. Jake thinks that the contraption works, and has been on my case to help him make more "mof catchers" ever since!

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.