One day we were walking though Macy’s and Jacob noticed a plaster-white mannequin. “Whoa!” he said. “That is some WHITE skin. I’ve never seen white skin. I’ve seen light brown skin, but never white.” I agreed with him, and I thought, “he’s right. White skin isn’t ’white,’ it’s peach or pinkish or tan, or whatever different shade it may be. It reminded me of this techno song that was popular in Germany when I was studying abroad. I can’t remember how it went exactly (help me out, Shel) but it was a black man chanting down a list, “When you’re sick, you’re green. When you’re sad, you’re blue. When you’re scared, you’re yellow. And you have the gall to call me colored.” There was a video of a person turning all shades of the rainbow. It was an odd song, but true, if you think about it. Apparently, Jacob thinks the same way! Now, how can we make some money off of that?!
_________________________________________________________________
Jacob told me that before he decided to become a big brother, he took into consideration a lot of things. It’s a lot of responsibility to be a big brother, and he didn’t want to take that lightly. After he decided that he wanted to take on the task, he gave me permission to have another baby. I don’t know where he came up with that thought process, except the responsibility part. I had told him recently that he needed to model good behavior for the baby, because Andrew will look up to Jacob for guidance on how to behave. Nice to know that Jacob thinks he was responsible for Andrew’s conception. He sure thinks highly of himself!
_________________________________________________________________
Andrew has moved on to the bigger, stationary, rear facing car seat. When Jake got into the car, after I initially installed it, he looked at Andrew and said, “Hey! Nice chair!”
___________________________________________________________________
For some reason, Jacob is insistent on getting the baby to say “egg.” Now, whenever the baby
starts to fuss, Jacob gets directly in Andrew’s face and yells, “Egg! Egg!” It’s bizarre and highly annoying for all who witness it.
No comments:
Post a Comment