Really, there has been no reason to experience cabin fever this winter. It's been one of the mildest in history, with temperatures falling in the high 30's and low 40's pretty consistently since December. We only had one significant snowfall, and it warmed up enough in the days following that there is no trace of snow left. It's a dream for me, because I hate the cold of winter. I also especially hate shoveling snow and dealing with ice. I'm grateful for the break, but I still felt a little itchy yesterday. I have been spending my weekends and evenings cleaning out closets and getting a jump start on my spring cleaning and I needed a day of activity. I wanted to take the boys swimming, but the Y's schedule didn't fit with ours, so that plan didn't work out. Bowling or a movie just didn't fit the bill either. Falling short on my plans of creating a wonderfully exciting day for me and the boys, we opted to take a stroll around town instead. It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but it got us outside for about an hour, exposed us to sunlight and fresh air, and allowed the boys (and me) to blow off some steam.
Pausing for a rest on the dilapidated steps of Highland Hall.
Ice cream sandwich, the perfect snack for a 40 degree day!
Mmm...sugar.
"Hey, Mom. What are you eating?"
Don't all boys love big guns?
Yo. Shoot this baby!
Crawling on monuments, a great pass time!
"Excuse me, lady. What book are you reading?"
"Here, Honey. Take these. It's sunny out today."
What do you do for cabin fever? Any suggestions for future flare ups?









No comments:
Post a Comment