Oh my, I feel like I've been in constant motion for the last week and a half...and there's no sign of stopping any time soon! On Sunday morning we celebrated Father's Day by taking my dad to Denny's for breakfast. (His choice, not mine!) On Sunday afternoon/evening we had a Father's Day cook out at my brother-in-law's with Greg's family. On Monday, my friend Sharon and I took the boys to Idlewild for the day. Today Andrew and I are headed to Pittsburgh for a short (I hope) visit to the G.I. doctor for a follow-up appointment. Tomorrow I have a lunch date with two friends, and I plan to spend the rest of the week preparing for our yard sale. Yard sale here on Saturday morning. Clean-up Saturday afternoon. Sunday we are attending a big cookout for Greg's out of town aunt and uncle, and Monday we are back on the boat for a day of play with friends. In the midst of all of that, I've been training for the 15K on July 4th. It's only 9 miles, so I think I'll be fine, but it's the longest distance I will have run in the last 2 years, so I'm just a touch psyched out by it. It's all good stuff, but we are busy indeed! Some of my friends have said that they would be bored if they didn't work (or "borned," as Andrew says). I don't want to quit working. I like my job, (and I need it too!) but I definitely wouldn't be bored. We are movers, and I know that if I were working right now, I would be more overwhelmed by our social life than excited about it. It's a blessing and a curse, depending on my mood and my outside obligations. Right now, I'm viewing it as a blessing because I don't have a whole lot of responsibility other than to just have fun. I can handle the weight of a good time! We are having a blast! Take a look:
Only Jake orders a meatball sub at 9 in the morning! Gag!
Andrew drew a special picture on Greg's card. It was Andrew and Greg swimming together.
Dad and his boys
Greg is a natural with the rice farmer look. (It's an inside joke. I could take the time to explain it, but you wouldn't find it funny unless you knew a few of the other people involved. I think this photo is comical enough!)
After breakfast and gifts, we sat on the front porch and read the Sunday paper together.
On Mother's Day, I asked the boys to get along for the day as my present. Greg asked the same thing from them for Father's Day. Unfortunately, despite well intent, the boys were unable to deliver. We decided to implement the "get along shirt."
As you can see by their faces, Andrew thought it was awesome, but Jake was less than thrilled.
Curious about how it actually went down? Take a look!
And then some pictures from Idlewild:
Andrew was a little timid on the first big rope climb.
But his ride-shyness didn't last long. After the first ride - the Log Jammer - he was riding like a pro!
Getting ready to ride the Paratrooper. I don't know how my belly has held out over these last two amusement park trips, but it has - thank God!
Andrew was excited to drive the Lincoln Highway, but Jake thought it was a belly-flop (that's his stomach in the face of the woman).
Taking a break by the fountain.
Thumbs up!
Happy Jake!
The picture of happy exhaustion - it speaks for all of us!



No comments:
Post a Comment