Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kindness

Let us be kinder to one another. - Aldous Huxley, on his deathbed
This isn't technically a quote about gratitude, but one can argue that it has roots thankfulness. I believe that most people who are truly grateful and aware of their own blessings are by nature kind to others. Being thankful often sparks a spontaneous "pay it forward" mentality. Attitudes are contagious, be they positive or negative. This Christmas season, I am urging all of you to literally spread good cheer, kindness and gratitude as you go about your daily lives. Even if you have to start off pretending, I think you will find that it soon becomes sincere. The best part? Your reward is immediate - instant gratitude for yourself and those around your. Who could ask for a better Christmas present?

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.