Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Party And A Steelers Game

This weekend was another busy one indeed. On Saturday morning, two of my sister-in-laws and I walked in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. I was able to raise $250.00 this year! Thanks so much to all of you who donated. Next year my goal will be $500, so be forewarned that I will be hitting you up again! Get your checkbooks ready!

Saturday afternoon, we hosted our 3rd annual Off The Wall Fall Party. This year, however, OTW didn't play. Greg and Fred wanted to spend some time visiting with all of the family and friends who travel to see us, so Greg DJed instead. We didn't have quite as many people as last year, and my personal opinion is that the lower turnout was due to the missing band. But, I also must admit that I liked it better without the band. It wasn't nearly as loud, we could hear each other and really visit, and I also enjoyed the freedom of not performing. We'll have to chat among ourselves to decide how we want to orchestrate things for next year. Nonetheless, the Williams family always knows how to have fun. The dance floor was filled with, well, generations of Williams! Even great-aunt Ruth got in on the fun!

On Sunday, my sister-in-law Dalann hosted a Steeler party. It was an extension of the reunion, with Aunt Sandie and Uncle Ed and Uncle Brad and Aunt Marjie staying the extra day for some extended bonding. The Steeler party was held during Andrew's nap time, so I stayed home with him and missed out on the family fun. That's OK with me, though, because I had a ton of catching up to do, as well as planning for the upcoming week. Jacob is having another big Halloween party this Friday with the kids from his class. We are expecting 20 kids in all, so I have lots to keep me busy between now and then. It just wouldn't be right to have a weekend with nothing to do!

Take a look at the photos below...and consider joining us next year! Same time of year, same venue...I'll be in touch with the date! And don't forget to post a comment to win the book, The Power of Half. You don't have to say something deep...just your name and that you would like the book is plenty! You know you want it...and I don't want to have no one to give it to. Where's the fun in that???

"Hey, I think I have a future in excavation!"

"Yeah, and I have a future in aviation!"

"Or maybe we could forget about the future for now and just play!"

Brad, Fred, Ryan and Ryan

"Musith, Dad! Musith!"

Niel Diamond just brings people together!

"Sweet Caroline! Good times never looked so good..."

Fred, Brad and Greg pause for a quick photo.

Sandie and Ed take a break from dancing...but just for a moment!

"A little bit softer now, a little bit softer now..."

Brooke is such a show-off!

Locomotion!

Dale Ann and Sandie gave Ed a run for his money!

Katelyn is rolling up her sleeves...taking on Pap on the dance floor is a big gamble!

Everybody can do the 'wheelchair' dance!

Gotta love a woman who can still get her groove on, no matter what her age!

Little Ryan tries to look tough, but Big Ryan knows there's really nothing left to prove!

All dressed up, tensely sending good vibes to the team!

"Now, Ryan, damn-it, eat all of your dinner or the Steelers will lose!"

"Oh my, there's a camera looming overhead!"

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.