Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

"Why can't I carve this plastic pumpkin? Why? Why? WHY!?!"


Jacob's design.

This is the first year he has actually scooped the insides out himself. Each year prior he has refused.

It's gross work, but somebody's gotta do it!

"Ew! ' Sgusting!"
He put his hand inside it once and then wouldn't touch it again...following right along in his big brother's footsteps.

The finished products, ready for display outside.

"Hey! Mine doesn't have a candle!"
Yes, Andrew made us hollow out and then put a candle in that tiny pumpkin.

"Hey, you can't take a picture yet, the lid isn't on mine!"
"But, Andrew, if we put the lid on it, the candle will burn out. There are no holes!"
"I want a lid on it! I like fire with a lid on it!"
Andrew will argue any point...
and he's wearing Christmas pajamas to boot!
"Fine. I give up. Take the photo."
Poor Jacob is shell shocked from 10 minute jack-o-lantern conniption!

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.