Saturday, October 23, 2010

Halloween Partay!

Last night we had another Halloween party for Jacob. Many of his second grade classmates attended. The kids all came in costume and, from the sounds of things, I believe they had a great time. We started off with a scavenger hunt. During the day, I hid 100 spider rings, 100 gumball eyes, 27 eyeball bubble containers, 27 plastic skulls, 24 Halloween ring pops, and 27 pumpkin lolly pops in my yard! I had previously taken photos of all of the items and printed them out on cards for the kids to use as check lists. It took the kids about 15 minutes to find them all! If I had it to do over, I would have hidden them better, but it's hard to hide that much stuff very well.

After the scavenger hunt, we had pizza and ice cream cake. Then we had the kids divide into teams and wrap one person up in toilet paper to look like a mummy. The first team to use all the paper and completely cover the child won. They liked that game.

We also did a game that we did last year with boiled spaghetti noodles, gummi worms and rubber eyes. The kids were blindfolded and had to search through the spaghetti to pick out the worms and eyes. I think that was one of the grossest games, but the kids enjoyed it. Some of them also made tootsie pop ghosts - and old stand-by.

But, for the most part, they ran around like lunatics screeching, laughing and just being kids. It was a little wild at times, to say the least! The adults made it through relatively unscathed, and my house was amazingly not completely trashed, so by my measures, I would say that it was a success!

Special thanks to Monique and my mom for the TONS of help they provided during the party. I could not have done it without them! I'm very, very, very appreciative! :)

Party favors and the Guess How Many game - with candy corn. The winner got the jar of candy. Any guesses? How many do you think were inside?

"We have our eyes on you!"

As if this decoration isn't gruesome enough...for some reason, I felt like the gumball eyes staring blankly up at me made it somehow more disturbing.

My rhododendron was infested with 100 orange and black spider rings. Apparently they are indigenous to central Pennsylvania!

This hang man was able to peer through from the other side, but only for short while!

Green brain with parasitic worms and eye balls flavored the punch.

My mom spent hours (yes, literally hours - she's not so good with crafts) assembling this coffin scene to go on top of the cake. The Meadow's Frozen Custard was nice enough to decorate the cake to our specifications.

The crowd gathered for a short rest on the steps after the scavenger hunt.

Some of the TP teams were very thorough!

In the photos during the Mummy Wrap game, there are little white flecks all over! Are they spirit orbs or particles of Charmin? You decide!

"Luke, I am your father."

Kiersten was the winner of the Candy Corn Guessing game. She guessed 375. There were 420.

"Oh! So that's what I was really touching!"

This was a really gross game & the spaghetti smelled awful, but the kids loved it! Kids love to be grossed out!

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.