I know everyone spent New Year's Eve in unrivaled suspense regarding my party. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting.
We canceled it.
Well, we didn't really cancel it. We moved my family to my mom's house, Greg's family to my brother and sister-in-law's house and canceled our friends. Sincere apologies to everyone whose plans we messed up. I really thought hard about what to do, and even after I made the decision, I spent the day second guessing my decision. As it turns out, it was the right decision. I considered taking Andrew to my mom's house for a little while to see Santa and the other kids, but I didn't. He was cranky and feverish throughout the day, and I didn't want to take a cranky kid or expose other people to his germs. He slept much better last night, but he woke up at 5 this morning vomiting. At first, I thought maybe his stomach was upset from taking medication on a relatively empty stomach, but after three more barf sessions, I think it's safe to say that he is sick. I don't like having a sick kid period, but I really don't like having a puking kid. I have been following him around with a bucket for almost two hours now, asking him how his belly feels. Once he asked me why I keep asking him that...then this last time I asked, he got mad and said he didn't want me asking anymore. It probably is annoying.
I'm posting some pictures from the family party at my mom's yesterday. I didn't stay long, but it was nice to see everyone at least for a little while. Here's hoping for a healthy new year, despite our sour start!
Andrew celebrated at home with the party hat he made at preschool.
Jacob was a good boy this year.
So was my niece, Ella.
The boys are all grown, or practically.
Matt gave the party a "thumbs-up," but only one thumb. He had been hoping for bigger, better and a band!
My grandfather and his wife with some of their gifts.
Casey, Lucie and Kyle
"Joe the mayor," as Jake calls him, and Kirk.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but something seems a little off with Santa's hair.
Caitlin gets her goodies.
Sweet Ella brought Santa some cookies to eat on the way home.
Katie and Carmen
Andrew opened his presents at home with Mom and Dad. Thanks, Aunt Annie, for the Lightning McQueen chair.

1 comment:
Thanks for giving Andrew the rest that he needed and keeping everyone else from exposure to an illness!
Post a Comment