Sean was having some respiratory difficulties, but they attributed it more to the prematurity than anything else. He is on oxygen, but nothing extremely invasive right now. The doctor told Jackie that he thought Sean's heart may be enlarged, but they were waiting until Monday when the full staff was present to do further testing. Monday she will also meet with the neurosurgeon and talk about what the plans for Sean's brain surgery are.
As of right now, though, both Mom and baby are doing remarkably well. It's amazing when you think that the first doctor that saw the abnormality told her, without hesitation, to terminate.
It remains to be seen what the future really holds, but today he is a miracle, and we are all thanking God for his blessing.



1 comment:
I am so hapopy to hear such positive news!! I have been thinking of your friend so often. I obviously don't know her but the bond of motherhood is really strong. I cannot imagine being in limbo when it comes to the health of my child. I am convinced it has to be one of the hardest things to walk through. I will keep checking for updates. And one of these days we will have to arrange to get together somehow! Hope your week gets off to a wonderful start!!
Post a Comment