Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jacob's Thinking Once Again

We were getting favor bags together for Jacob’s birthday party and he said, “Oh! Twick bars! Justin loves twick bars!”
“What?” I said, “Do you mean Twix?”
“Yeah, Twix.”
He called them ‘twick’ about 15 more times before he finally got it right.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It’s ‘concluding’ not ‘including.’ As in, “I love all kinds of candy, concluding chocolate, skittles and gum.” I have corrected him on this several times, but he continues to misuse the word. It’s funny to hear, but he also needs to learn the correct meaning of ‘including’ versus ‘concluding!’
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We were walking the other day and saw a dead squirrel on the side of the road. My mom said, “Oh. It must have gotten zapped by a power line!” Jacob looked at it a little harder and then said, “Oh. I think I know that one. He’s from down the street!” Mom asked him what the squirrel’s name was, but apparently the squirrel was only a passing acquaintance, because Jacob didn’t know his name. He just knew him as one of the guys from our neighborhood.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacob: “What does ‘vice’ mean?”
Me: “Use it in a sentence. There are several meanings of the word ‘vice.”
Jacob: “Like vice president.”
Me: “Oh, it means second in charge, sort of.”
Jacob: “Oh. Then that’s what it means. I won second in charge when I won vice president in the electionation at school this fall.”
Me: “Yes, when you won the electionation, you won second place!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had to get a new washing machine recently. I told Jacob that after school, he would go with Greg to pick one out for me. He said, “Oh, I saw a really nice red one at Giant Eagle!” (That’s a super market, for those of you who don’t live in central PA) It must have been there for one of those promotional contests they were having. I had to laugh.
I said, “Thanks, but I think I would like a white one, to match the dryer. Plus, I’m not sure a grocery store is a good place to buy a washing machine. How about Lowe’s or Home Depot?”
He said, “Oh, not Home Depot! Then we’ll have to put it together!”
That’s because every time Greg takes Jacob to Home Depot, it’s to buy lumber or supplies to build something. He had no idea that you could buy things there that were completely in tact!

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.