This morning I woke up to rain - a big bummer, since I was supposed to meet a friend for a run this afternoon. I consoled myself with the thought of getting some much needed chores done at home instead. I went to work and was met with a fairly busy, yet manageable day - one family that stood me up (gee, thanks for letting me drag all of my crap out in the pouring rain for nothing!), another family who graciously moved their home visit up an hour (thank goodness for small favors!), a few minor issues back at the office, and by 1230, I was ready to get out of there!
My mom called and asked if I could pick a quilt up for her, which I did. Then I picked up Andrew, and by the time I arrived home, it was 1:15. I put him down for a nap, folded a load of laundry, cleaned out and re-organized the downstairs bathroom closet, re-organized my dresser and put the boys' Easter baskets together. That took about an hour. Andrew was still sleeping, and I knew I had time to at least start cleaning out Jake's room, wiping down the floor boards, or any number of other spring cleaning tasks, but instead, I chose to take a nap with him.
I slept soundly and dreamlessly for an hour before waking to, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" over the baby monitor.
Andrew and I chilled out a little and watched "Toy Story," his current favorite movie. He ate spaghettios for dinner and I had a very healthy meal of oreos and Frosted Flakes. How's that for modeling healthy eating?! After dinner, I sorted through Andrew's summer clothes while I talked on the phone with my favorite great aunt, Carmen. I found 27 pairs of size 4 underwear, in quite a variety designs. That's what the mom of a potty training toddler calls a jackpot!
And that was it. Greg came home at the normal time, we talked about the grocery list, and now it's about time to get ready for bed (I'm an early bird).
Today was not nearly as productive as I wanted it to be, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was a low stress, go with the flow kind of day, the kind I rarely have. Here's hoping for a continuing trend this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment