OK, it's official. As of 7:08 this morning, I am officially registered to run the Pittsburgh half marathon on May 15. I'm super excited, and also very nervous. I'm going into this race with no intentions other than to win it!
Just kidding. I'm not completely delusional, although poor Jacob is. When I told him that I was going to race, he said, "Oh Mom, I'm sure you can win it!" What a sweetie! If only he could keep that positive perspective of me as he goes into his adolescence!
No, I truly only want to finish it, although I'm hoping that I'm not the last to cross the finish line. Even if I am last, I'm OK with that too. I don't plan for this to be my last race and there will be plenty of opportunities to improve my time in the future. This race will simply be my foundation.
I'm not just happy to be finally running that half marathon I've been talking about forever and ever. I'm also thrilled to be running in Pittsburgh, my old post-college stomping grounds. I have very fond memories and some cherished friendships from all over the Pittsburgh area, and I think it's great to be running my first big race in the City of Bridges, which I hold so near and dear. I can't wait to get there and get running!
Wish me luck, or better yet, come to cheer me on on race day!
No comments:
Post a Comment