Thursday was our trick-or-treat. The weather was absolutely miserable - cold and rainy. We tried to talk them into going to the mall for treats, but kids will not be deterred by something as trivial as weather. They decided to brave the elements, and go door to door. The bigger kids lasted amazingly long. Andrew made it to the end of our block and said, "Mom, I have enough candy. I'm ready to go home!" We talked him into 5 more blocks and then he and Ella threw in the towel. They came home with considerably less candy this year than in years past, which is perfectly fine by me. The important thing was that they had a good time, and that was a definite! Tonight is the annual Halloween parade, which gets a pretty good turnout for this little town. As I type this entry, there is snow steadily collecting on our back porch, so I'm not so sure about our attendance at the parade. Guess we'll just wait and see...and pray for a short lived snowfall!
Every "poodle skirt princess" (to use her words) needs a dragon (or dinosaur or whatever the mood calls for) to protect her during
The older crew getting ready to brave the weather in search of candy!
The brave, protective dragon got cold and had to ask for a blanket at his grandparent's house.
"Wow! Look at all those peanut butter cups!"
"My stash isn't too shabby either!"




No comments:
Post a Comment