Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hummus Among Us

I know how worried you all are about my recent addiction to hummus.  Today I looked in the cupboard and I only had one can of chickpeas!  Oh no!  Not to worry, though.  I substituted a can of black beans and it is SO good!  I can't get enough of this stuff.  If you want some, make your own!  Throw one can of chick peas, one can of black beans, juice from 1 1/2 lemons, approx 1/3 cup olive oil, approx 1/3 cup of tahini, some fresh minced garlic, salt, and a little water into the food processor.  Zip it for a few minutes and viola!  Don't eat it with chips.  There are enough carbs in the beans to satisfy you.  Opt for some fresh veggies instead.  Feed your own addiction!  

2 comments:

GainingMe said...

You are nasty.

Hummus *Shudder*
Black beans *Double Shudder*

Koelle said...

Aw! You don't know what you're talking about! It's delicious!


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.