Hummus? Oh, you thought this was going to be another sappy entry about my wonderful anniversary date and how madly in love I am with my husband. Seriously? Don't you know me yet? I can only do so much sentiment at one time, before I have to counter it with something sarcastic. It's just more fun that way!
Actually, I do really, really love hummus. It's truly the ultimate snack. It has some good carbs to stabilize your blood sugar, some fiber to keep you full, some healthy fats from the EVOO, and fantastic flavor! What I love is that you can mix it up so many ways - tahini or no tahini, cumin or no, onion, chili powder, cayenne pepper...just name the spice and throw it in! Add some raw veggies for crunch and it's the perfect mid-day pick me up. I'm slightly addicted right now.
(Just for clarification, though - notice the plastic bowl in the photo...you really should stay away from plastic. It messes with your hormones. I almost always use glass. I just happened to grab this one today. Never store anything in plastic, ever. And never heat something in the microwave in plastic. Actually, you should try not to use a microwave very often, if possible. It changes the molecular structure of your food, and creates free radicals. That's no good for you either. It only takes 5 minutes to throw something in a pot on the stove, and your body will thank you!)
I won't keep you in suspense about my anniversary date either, because I know you're all dying to know about it. It was wonderful! We had a blast! We both worked until noon, then spent the afternoon alone together. In the evening, we went out to eat with my brother and sister in law and then back to their house to play games. Yep, we sure are wild and crazy! So wild and crazy, in fact, that we took a cab to and from Dalann and Fred's just so we could live it up! (Actually, I only had 3 drinks all night, so Greg had to make up for it by drinking the remainder of the alcohol. We still needed that cab though, because he couldn't drive and I can't see at night. Whew! Smart ones, we are!) The food was fantastic (and you know that has to be true, because I am one of the most picky eaters on the face of the earth, especially when it comes to restaurants). The best part was that we laughed the whole night long, playing games and just being together. We laughed so hard at times, our stomachs hurt! Dalann even had beer come out of her nose at one point, which was pretty funny in and of itself.
So it was a day well spent - alone for a while, then together with family dear enough to call friends. Today Greg and I slept until almost 8 a.m. (OK, it was close to 130 til we went to bed, so it's not like we slept for eons, but any sleep past 5 a.m. is a plus in my book!) We ran errands together, took a walk through a local festival, and saw a bunch of friends. Now I'm baking a pie and blogging and Greg is napping. I have done very little housework today, and frankly, I don't intend to do any. I have time, and I know I will regret my decision come Monday, but I can't remember the last time we did absolutely nothing except what we felt like doing. I plan to take full advantage of the freedom. Actually, I believe a nap is in my future as well!
So here are some pictures from the night. Enjoy! Over and out!
Attempting to take our own picture before we left...before we drank anything! We're such goofs.
It wouldn't be a gathering with Williams family members without at least one ridiculous game, like "try to throw a balled up napkin into a chandelier." After 30 minutes of misses, I stood up and put the damn thing into the lamp. Then Greg threw it up in exasperation and it went in on its own! We were the champions!
Dalann, Fred and my niece Karissa sang us "Happy Anniversary."
Getting into the cab to drive home. Look closely, you'll see me holding a bottle of wine high over my head in a happy salute to the evening!

No comments:
Post a Comment