Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Budding Author

After school yesterday, Jacob wrote volume one of his newest series, "Sam the Cat."  The first book is appropriately entitled, "Sam the Cat #1: The First Night."  


It's a multi-chapter book that begins as such:
Chapter 1
The New Kitten
"We arrived at my mom's friend's house and picked up a little kitten we named Sam.  We rode home with the cat.  He struggled and walked in the car.  I was starting to like this kitten myself, but could he survive Andrew?  I could hope."

Chapter 2
Trouble
"So we went in the house and Sam found out the only problem.  Andrew found out about the cat."

Chapter 3
Greg Meets the Cat
"I went to tell Greg about the cat.  He was filleting fish, so he came in and we played with the cat."

That's where he inserted this lovely picture of me (note the arrow) yelling, "Andrew stop that!" while Andrew (note the other arrow) is hitting the kitten:


Chapter 4
Bed Time
"So we set up Sam's bedroom and he curls up and goes to sleep."  
The End.

I don't know about all of you, but I found this to be a gripping and poignant tale about the love between a young boy and his cat, markedly contrasted by the darkness lurking inside the younger brother.  Will the cat survive?  One can only hope.

Compelling.  Spellbinding.  A book you won't want to put down!  I can't wait for the next edition!

2 comments:

GainingMe said...

HAHAHA! I LOVE IT! Especially the end of chapter 1 and chapter 2!

Koelle said...

I love the picture of me yelling "Andrew stop that!" And I also love that he says Greg was filleting fish when we got home with the cat! It's true - he had been on an all day fishing trip and was out back filleting fish! And it's also true that Andrew is Sam's biggest threat! I really can't wait for the next installment!


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.