On the way to work on Thursday, there was a beautiful double rainbow. (I only got one in this shot) We literally watched it the for the entire drive. I think I was just as excited about it as Andrew was! At one point we could see the entire bow from one end to another. It even made the local evening news! The only way it could have been cooler would have been for us to find that elusive pot of gold! (If only!)
What an encouraging way to start the day! "Sometimes we have to put up with the rain, before we can see a rainbow." Doesn't the rain make the rainbow so much sweeter? No, it didn't end up being a prognostication of the best day ever. Friday didn't rank high on my list of most memorable days either, but it shed a bit of light into my perspective, enough that I'm still thinking of it three days later. Sometimes it truly is the little things that make a big difference, and a little attitude adjustment goes a long way.
That said, I am taking my boys to the pumpkin patch with my sister and niece today. The weather is looking a little iffy right now, but we will keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. This is one of their favorite "field trips," and I don't want it to be ruined. And if it rains, let's hope that we get to see another rainbow!
(BTW - I wasn't driving when I took the picture. I was at a stop light.)

No comments:
Post a Comment