Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust
I graduated from Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania in 1999. I can hardly believe that 16 years have passed since I first set foot on campus as an Allegheny freshman. The four years I spent at Allegheny were among the best years of my life. I was surrounded by eager learners, ample opportunities, and wonderful friends. When else, except in college, do you have your best friends living right across the hall, multiple closets of clothing to choose from, freedom and independence abounding, while your only real responsibility is to get good grades? Only in college.
Who else loves you like your college friends? Who else has seen you at your worst, knows your most embarrassing stories and darkest secrets and loves you anyway? Actually, they love you because of those things…or maybe they love you because they know that you have enough equally incriminating information on them that it would be unwise not to love you!
At this point in our lives, we have all moved to different geographic areas, and most of us have families of our own now. Even amidst the chaos of our lives, we still manage to get together at least once or twice a year. Our gatherings are the type where the years immediately fade away. We are instantly 19 again - immature, fun-loving, full of heartfelt sarcasm, and frequently at least partially inebriated!
These are the women who came of age with me. We helped one another sort through our childhood demons and find our true selves, and we had some really good times during that process. To my Allegheny gals, I love you all dearly. You are among my best, life long friends. I can’t wait to see you all again soon!
10 year reunion, at Woodcock Dam
Michelle, Me, Danielle and Amy
Spring get together at Shelly's house
Summer fun at my place
30 years old! How did that happen? And that was 5 years ago!!!
Camping at Gambrill State Park with my best buddies.






No comments:
Post a Comment