Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz
Fall is by far my favorite season. I love the cold winter temperatures for running, but I despise snow and ice. I love the promise that spring brings, but the rains get me down. I adore the careless freedom of summer, but I'm not so wild about the oppressive heat. But fall, well, what's not to love about fall? Vibrant colors everywhere, perfect temperatures, the excitement of the upcoming holidays not quite tangible yet, but lingering in the air. Everything just seems right in the fall. I wish I could freeze the climate and the hues and live in a constant state of fall all year long. What a bummer that it's just not possible. But perhaps if I lived in a constant state of fall, I would begin to lose my appreciation for the season. It is by recognizing and experiencing both both the favorable and unfavorable attributes of each season that we gain a true appreciation for the uniqueness of each. Indeed, "to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1). For today, despite a not-so-fabulous fall forecast, I'm going to focus my gratitude on the season before me, and be thankful for my favorite time of year.
*Disclaimer - I took these photos a few years ago, but hey, they still capture the beauty of the season, right?!



No comments:
Post a Comment