I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough “Hello’s” to get you through the final “Goodbye.”
- Bob Perks
Ah, it's finally Thanksgiving day, and if you haven't figured it out by reading the last 24 blog entries, what I am most grateful for is that I have enough. I have certainly weathered my share of storms, enough to know that I can make it through, enough to prepare me for future rough seas, and enough to make me appreciate the glorious calm that is right now. We don't have money to throw away, but we have enough to make our lives comfortable. We have a beautiful house filled with laughter (and often also accompanied by or followed by screaming) from two magnificent boys, and I have the love of my life beside me in bed each night. Most importantly, we are surrounded by family and friends. I have been blessed with knowing the most wonderful people, people of generosity, good humor and high integrity. Regardless of everything else - the day to day stress, the daily hassles and hurdles, the tedium of routine, I am fully aware that I have it all, and I couldn't possibly ask for more. My friends, on Thanksgiving and every other day of the year, I wish nothing more for you than to have enough in your lives as well.
God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment