Sunday, November 20, 2011

Make Me Smile

Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.  
~Mother Teresa

Isn't it amazing what a simple smile or laugh can do for your mood?  My boys and the cat definitely bring the most smiles to my face on any given day.  There aren't many things that make you more aware and grateful than happiness.  I thought I would share a few of those smiles with you.  Don't be shy about paying it forward! 

Sam's Christmas hat.  Actually this has a small story behind it.  I took this photo last weekend.  The boys had been in one of their "fight every single second of the day" modes, and they were making us nuts!  At one point, Greg had put Andrew in a time out in the living room and sent Jake to his room.  Greg went into the living room to talk to Andrew about his offenses, and I went upstairs.  When I came down, Greg said, "Well, what did Jake have to say for himself?"  "Oh," I said, "I didn't talk to Jake.  I went up to put a Santa hat on the cat."  "You're kidding?"  he said smiling.  "No, I'm not kidding.  Look:" and I showed him the picture of Sam, nuzzled in the covers of our bed, wearing a Santa hat.  "Incredible," he said.  "I'm yelling at the kids and you're dressing the cat."  "Hey," I said,  "I've had enough yelling, and this made us both laugh.  It was worth it!"

Apparently Andrew thought that Sam might want to play with his remote controlled bulldozer.  Sam, it appears, was less than enthused with the offering.

Sam has taken to sleeping in this planter.  It used to house a rather large plant, which amazingly lived for 5 years, but just recently bit the dust.  This morning Greg said, "We may as well replace the soil in that planter and just get a pillow for the cat!"

Wrapping Christmas presents with the "help" of a kitten proved to be a bit of a challenge!

Sam makes the best Floor-Mopping supervisor. 

"What do you want?  Can't you see I'm taking a nap?"

Only my cat would cuddle with a broom!

This was Andrew's way of tricking me into thinking that he wasn't awake before the sun.  I think his tactics need just a little bit of refining!

This jar was a Christmas gift from Jacob a few years ago.  It says "Mom" on the back of it.  What is one to do with such a container, exactly?  I chose to use for my spare change.  Actually, it's been very useful. We live in an old house, so the floors aren't exactly straight and the walls are sometimes crooked.  I'm not complaining at all; I love this house, but the doors don't always stay where you want them because of the slopes.  They either drift shut or open, depending on which side of the house you are on!  So, I use it in our bedroom to prop the door open at night.  Well, yesterday I noticed Andrew in the living room with a mound of change.  I asked him where he got all that money.  He looked at me straight faced and said, "I got it upstairs in your money bunny."  Ah, my money bunny.  Of course.  Everyone needs a money bunny! 


(Oh, and don't judge me because there are twice as many photos of the cat as Andrew [and none of Jake!] The photos are taken based on willing participation and cooperation, not preference of animal over person!)


No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.