Sunday, November 6, 2011

Intermission

Well, my friends, I'm on a mission today.  Christmas preparation has been sorely neglected in this home, and I woke up this morning feeling more than a little anxious about all of the holiday hoopla in our very near future.  My personal goal over the last few months has been to be more present, not to rush things, not to worry so much about planning, preparing and cleaning and to simply enjoy the moments with the people I love.  I have to give myself some credit, because I have seen a great improvement in myself.  I'm not nearly as anxious about the little things, although some people may argue that I'm still bordering on crazy.  But everything is relative, right?  My personality is my personality, and while I can work on the improvements I wish to see, there are some things I will simply never change.  I'm a cleaner, I'm a planner, and above all else, I'm a list maker!  I can only let things go for so long, before those old instincts kick in and I feel the need to work double to make up for lost time.  It's a give and take. I'm working on balance.  Yes, that old nemesis of mine, balance.  Someday I swear I will find it.  But for now, I'll take a little relaxation followed by minor bouts of mania!

That said, you aren't going to get a full fledged blog entry on gratitude today.  I have work to do!  I will leave you with a quote, some food for thought.  I'll be back shortly with my infinite words of wisdom meant to thrill and inspire!  Haha!

Enjoy your Sunday, and be grateful for whatever it is that makes you happy!


He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
-- Epictetus

No comments:


Jake takes time out of his special day to bond with the dogs.

Sharing the burden of blowing out the candles.

Jake and Pap

Jelly Bellies and Tequila...the ultimate birthday gift for Pap!

Legos Mars Mission - the ultimate birthday gift!

Mimi's homemade birthday cake is very kind to Pap.